JONATHAN FINALLY SAID WHAT HE WILL DO IF HE LOSES

Jonathan, in a live media chat apparently
organised to douse the tension generated by the
postponement of the general elections, spoke
among others, the alleged plot to sack the
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral
Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, insurgency and
corruption.
Before and after the polls were shifted from
February 14 and 28 to March 28 and April 11,
there were rumours that the President and the
Peoples Democratic Party were nursing a sinister
plot not to hand over power.
But Jonathan told a panel of interviewers that he
was not desperate to remain in power. He said
such “insinuations and wrong information” were
meant to discredit him by his political opponents.
He said, “Let me assure Nigerians that a new
government will be formed on May 29.They
should not be perturbed about rumours that we
are planning to send Jega on a terminal leave and
other rubbish that is being circulated.
“In 2011, I said I will conduct a free and fair
election and that if I lose, I will happily move on
and that it should be recorded.
“Then I just concluded the late President Umaru
Yar’Adua’s tenure. I said I will be happy to go if I
lose. I said this nation is more important than
anybody. Anyone who wants to hold the office of
President and feels he is more important than the
nation is not right.
“So if as of 2011, I made a commitment that if I
lose I will go, it should tell you more about my
stand on free and fair elections.
“But now, Nigerians have given me the
opportunity to be here for four good years and so
if the elections are conducted and I lose, of
course, we will inaugurate a new government.
“The rumour that I will not hand over or that I am
scheming to prolong my tenure are insinuations;
they are not true. Those are insinuations; it is
quite unfortunate that so much wrong information
is floating in the system.”
Jonathan faulted the claim by Jega that INEC
was ready for the elections. He said the
information given to him by security chiefs was
that poor distribution of Permanent Voter Cards
could have caused a security challenge in the
country.
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-hand-over-
if-i-lose-says-president-jonathan/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get him to pay your bills (ladies crib)

A PEACE OF PEACE

BOKO HARRAM BOMB MAKER ARRESTED